Cishih Syuanji Temple
The construction of the temple can be traced back to 1901, when a local villager named Shih Tian-fu, worshipped the god Sancing Daozu in his own home. The god was so efficacious that the home became a center of worship for area residents. In 1924 the local people felt that the existing altar was too crude and too crowded, so they built a new temple not only for Sancing Daozu but also for Jhuge Kong-ming and the Lord of the Somber Heavens. During the 1970s the original temple was rather weather-beaten and run-down, so the local people suggested rebuilding it.
At the time there was a patch of desolate woods in the village that nobody dared to develop, because they believed that if they harmed the branches or leaves of the trees they would immediately develop sores on their hands and feet. A geomancy master investigated the place and found that it was ideally suited to the building of a temple; and so, with the agreement of the gods, and using land donated by several landowners, construction on the new temple began in 1980.
Opening Hours: 07:00 A.M.~ 21:00 P.M.
How to Get ThereChoose a transportation method based on your departure location.
2. National Highway No. 1》 Caotun Interchange》 Caotun (Provincial Road No. 14)》 Guosing、Puli (Provincial Road No. 14) 》 Provincial Road No. 21 (to Sun Moon Lake)》 Yuchih 》 Cishih Syuanji Temple
3. National Highway No. 1》 Ming Jian Interchange》 Ming Jian (Provincial Road No. 16)》 Ji Ji、Shuei Li (Provincial Road No. 16)》 Provincial Road No. 21》 Yuchih》 Cishih Syuanji Temple